martes, 12 de abril de 2011

¡An expert!

Iván Pávlov

Ivan Petrovich Pavlovv was a famous russian psychologist. He was born in Ryazan, Russia, on September 14, 1849. He is considered the father of the conductism. He studied in the physics and mathematics faculty of Saint Petersburg to take course in natural science and became in psychologist. He died in Leningrado the February 27, 1936 at 86 years old.
He made very important contributions to the psychology. In 1890’s he studied the gastric function of the dogs. He noticed that the dogs tended to salivate before eat the food. He contributed in many areas of psychology, especially in the conditioning and involuntary reflex actions.
He experimented with his dog, and every time he rang the bell, the dog began to salivate. This experiment meant the beginning of the conductism.
I choose this guy because I like the dogs very much, and he had dog. I have a dog too, I don’t know if I would experiment with my dog, like Pavlov, but I don’t care. I’m sure that he loved his dog.
The Pavlov dog is now in a museum in Russia if someone wants to see.

1 comentario:

  1. Hello Juan
    That entertaining and educational post! I also salivate when I open a box of chocolates, ahahaha joke.
    Maybe we could go visit Pavlov's dog someday... like a date
    :$

    xoxo

    ResponderEliminar